Sunday, October 08, 2006

It's Time to Pet Our Peeves Again! (and more about yesterday's meme)

Yep, it's that magical time of year in the US, National Pet Peeve Week. Can't you almost smell the crisp comments and roasting wit in the air? No? Oh. Ok. I was curious what my pet peeves were last year, so I pulled up ye olde archives to check it out. Hhhmmm, interesting. I listed two pet peeves for Day One of NPPW '05, and I still agree with both of them. I may be peevish, but at least I'm consistently peevish! Maybe I can come up with some new peeves before the week is over though, just to spice things up. Ahem. And speaking of spicy (smooth, Deb, smoooooooth), about yesterday's meme - for those of you who wanted to know more information about my answers, first of all - thank you! You're pretty! :-) Second of all, tell you what. If you really want to know about some of my answers, tell me in comments (or an email if you have trouble commenting) which ones you want to know more about and I'll either reply in comments if the answer is simple or tell you the story in a future post if the answer is interesting enough to warrant that. We'll treat it almost like another Virtual Press Conference. Since the one person who asked a specific question yesterday was Amber, we'll start there. Amber asked: "That first one... Like YOU were naked, taking pictures? Or you were naked IN the picture? Because for all we know, you could be running around naked, taking all your DRT pics! THAT would be funny." I agree, that first question was worded ambiguously. But in the end it doesn't matter because the answer to either version would be yes, although not often and not recently, and if anyone reading this sentence is an immediate family member then - HaHaHA, just kidding of course, so you are to forget I said that, immediately and forever. Heh. Also, Amber, if you'd ever seen me naked, you'd know the word you were looking for is "frightening", not "funny" but it's an understandable mistake seeing as how they both start with an F and all. Stuff would start bouncing around and it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye or something. Ahem. Oh, and to Darlene who said "you look so innocent and sweet and nice" - thank you! I am nice. (Mostly) However innocent and sweet made me giggle. One out of three isn't bad though, right? And Mim, thank you for explaining the number of questions! My Inner Obsessive is soothed by the logic of the explanation. I'm throwing in a quiz today, just because I can. I think the results of this one are dead-on accurate for me (at least at this stage of my life).
You Are A Realist
When it comes to romance, you tend to take a realistic approach. You believe that love takes time, and it's something you have to work hard for. A bit cynical, over the top romance tends to get under your skin. Your heart is difficult to win ... but it's totally worth it.
And here's today's Daily Art Thang: "Kentucky Barn Close-up" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)