Wednesday, May 31, 2006

K is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... K is for... Keeton - I was a Keeton before I was a Richardson, so some of my favorite people are Keetons. Kisses - The first time I ever experienced a "grown-up kiss" I couldn't quite see what all the fuss was about. Now I do. Kiwi fruit, Key Lime Pie - Some of my favorite K-foods. I make a Killer Key Lime Pie! Kentucky - The state where I live now. It also ties with Ohio for the state where I've lived the most years. Key West (Florida) - A place I've visited a couple of times and enjoyed enough that I'd like to go back again sometime. There's a little shop there that sells slices of chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick. Yum! Knitting - Something I do very, very basically and badly, but enjoy! Kinesthetic learning - This (along with Visual Learning) is one of the best ways for me to get something. I retain things very well via "muscle memory." Knowledge - Love it! Wish I had even more of it! My problem is that my interests are so broad that I tend to have a little knowledge about a lot of things rather than a deep knowledge about one or a few. I keep telling myself I'm a Renaissance woman. Ahem. Ken (Grimwood) - A favorite writer of mine. Sadly, he died before he could get many books published, but one of his books, "Replay" would make my "What books would you take to a deserted island?" list. Kay (Hooper) - Another favorite writer. Her books are fairly fluffy I suppose, but I really like them. Karaoke - I've neverever done it in public (at least so far!) but I sure love doing it at private parties. Kings Island - An amusement park in Southern Ohio where I went every summer when I was a teenager. I especially loved the roller coasters and the water rides. Now you'd almost have to pay me to go to an amusement park - they're way too hot and crowded! - but it still makes my list as an indelible part of my past. Kaleidoscopes, Kites - Fun K-toys. The first time I went to Epcot Center in Disney World, my dad had to practically drag me kicking and screaming from the Journey Into Imagination building where they had a bunch of humongous kaleidoscopes to play with. Kinky, Kick-ass - K-words I say with some frequency. "K is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)