Wednesday, April 12, 2006

D is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... D is for... Deb - C'mon! Where else am I going to start listing D-words?! I have to start with MeMeMeMeMeeeee! DVDs - So great for a movie lover. A way to have my own personal LateLate show anytime! Dean (Koontz) - one of my favorite writers. I think he's not only a good storyteller, but a much more lyrical writer than a lot of people give him credit for. Dress up - One of my favorite games when I was a kidlet and I still love the grown up version. I love being comfy in my jeans, t-shirts, and tennies, but there's just something wonderful about decking myself out in a pretty dress, fancy shoes, sparkly jewelry, and full make-up now and then. Dreams - they fascinate me. DibbleDebble - one of my Dad's nicknames for me when I was a little girl. Doris (Burn) - one of my favorite children's book illustrators. Dance - something I love to do! Digital - how did we ever get along without digital technology? I'm especially enamored of my digital camera. Denial - Not just a river in Egypt, it's one of my favorite coping mechanisms. Severely underrated, IMO! Dominoes - Fun to play! (The game, not the line-'em-up and knock-'em-down thing, although that can be fun too.) Daffodils, Daylilies, Dogwood, Daisies - some of my favorite D-flowers. Dragons - I like them! I like that they're strong, and I like that they can fly, and I like that they like PrettyShinyThings. Dimples - I like those too! Anyone know any dimpled dragons? Dessert - I'd eat it three times a day, seven days a week, if I could get away with it. Yes, breakfast too. I'll share my Real Food cheerfully and willingly, but do NOT ask me to share my dessert. Dictionary - Believe it or not, a source of inspiration. I like to look words up and see how they're described and what ideas those descriptions spark. Dabble - Can one be an expert in dabbling? If so, I think I may qualify. I like to dabble. And I like the sound of the word. (DabbleDabbleDabble!) I figure a Renaissance Man is just a Dabbler with good P.R. Deviled eggs, Deviled crab, Devil's food cake - D-foods I like. (Do we sense a theme?) Delicious - See previous entry! Dingleberry - What I call my cat when he's behaving particularly bizarrely and/or stupidly, which I've gotta tell you is pretty often! Demented - Again...see previous entry. Draw - something I started to do pretty much as soon as I could hold a crayon or pencil. Dentists - Evil Incarnate. Dustbunnies - They make great pets y'know. They're soft, quiet, and they don't eat a thing. Doodle - Love the word AND the activity! Drama - Love it in Fiction, hate it in my Real Life. Depression - something I have had to deal with now and then, mostly related to seasonal changes or hormonal changes. Dogs - My lifesavers. When I'm so down that the people I love can't coax a smile from me (see previous entry), my dogs can make me laugh. When I can't think of a single reason to get out of bed or leave the house for myself, I WILL get out of bed and leave the house in order to make sure my dogs have food, water, and exercise. Damn (also: "Dayum!" and "Dammit, Jim!") - Stuff I say a lot. I wonder if sooner or later I'll list a letter that doesn't include any vulgar words? Naaawwww. "D is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)