Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday: Personal History, Week 4

Finding Myself in my Ancestors This isn't super-original I suppose, but I still like it. (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) On the left is one of my great-grandmothers, my father's mother's mother, Kizirah Blevins. On the right, obviously, is me. I don't have enough hair to quite nail the Gibson Girl 'do, but I did the best I could with what I have. My great-grandma Blevins, who died when I was just a baby, was notoriously camera-shy, so I only have two photos of her - this one (which is actually a photo of a photo!), taken in her early 20's and a family photo taken when she was in her 70's. I, as regular readers of RSR will know, am in my early 40's. Well, ok, almost mid-40's now. Sheesh! Still, allowing for the difference in our ages, I think the resemblance is pretty striking, yes? "Spanning the Generations"