Wednesday, April 26, 2006

F is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... F is for... Family - Very important people in my life! I'm naming a few of them individually as I go along - my husband, parents, siblings, and my brother's kids. But I decided to stop there with individual entries, so here is where I'm acknowledging the many extended family members who mean a lot to me too - in-laws, grandparents, step-family, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. You're all Fantastic! Friends - Also very important people in my life! I decided when I started this that I wouldn't even attempt to name every friend individually because my memory sucks rocks and I'd be bound to leave someone out who I care about and hurt their feelings. So I'm going to assume that if you're my friend you know it and here's where I'm saying that you're important to me. You're all Fabulous! Fabric - Couldn't make quilts without it. Fusible web - I could make quilts without this, but it wouldn't be nearly as Fun! FlipFlops - I love them! I love that they're inexpensive so I can have a whole wardrobe of colors and funky styles and not feel bad if they don't last more than a summer or two, and I love that they show off my toenail polish. Firefly - One of my favorite, but unfortunately all-too-short-lived TV shows. Flying - I love to Fly. I have dreams about flying. I have envy pangs when I watch birds. I even looked into flying lessons years ago before reluctantly deciding that it was way too expensive a hobby for me to get into. Maybe next life. Flannel Sheets - Cuddly! I love them in the winter because then the bed doesn't feel cold when I first slide between the sheets. Frappuccino - YUM! My favorite is Venti Caramel Light, no whip. But I wouldn't throw rocks at any of 'em. Fountains - I find them beautiful and soothing. I'm drawn to nearly anything that involves running water and fountains are no exception. I nearly always take photos of them when I see them (assuming I have my camera along at the time). Fairy Tales - One of the first sorts of Fiction I loved and probably one reason I still love Fantasy stories today. Fragrance - I have a love-hate relationship with it, as I have a hyper-sensitive sense of smell. I love real scents - flowers, newly cut grass, the smell of the air after a thunderstorm. But many, MANY artificial scents bother me so much I can barely breathe around them and I cough and choke. I hate most air fresheners, scented candles, perfumes and colognes, etc. It's a problem sometimes in our sanitized and scented modern world! Fish - I like it as food (well, some types anyway), and I like it as a symbol (my sun sign is Pisces, sign of the Fish), and I like to watch real fish swimming through the water (I find it soothing). Fruit - Yum! One of my favorite food groups. Freedom - A cause I'm passionate about. February - My least-favorite month...the month I'm most likely to get badly depressed. So why the heck did I choose to get married in February?? Ya got me. It seemed like a good idea at the time. (To be clear, I think getting married was a good idea, but another month might have been better.) Fun - Gotta have it! If you stop having fun you aren't really living. Frou-frou - An expression I use a lot to describe things that are fluffy and frivolous (and sometimes fun). For instance a frozen strawberry daiquiri is a frou-frou drink. High-heeled marabou slippers are frou-frou shoes. A poodle with a formal show cut is a frou-frou dog. You get the picture. (I know most of you probably already knew what it meant, but you'd be surprised how many people I've run across who have never heard the term!) Flowers - Love them! I like them better in the garden than in a vase though. We'd hardly ever have cut flowers in the house if it weren't for J. He picks them and brings them in. "Freaky Friday" - one of my favorite books from many years ago. Fuck-a-doodle-doo - Something I'm afraid I must admit I say when I'm frustrated-but-not-really-angry. Sad, isn't it? Heh. Sometimes in other circumstances I say just the first syllable too. But then y'all knew that, didn't you! "F is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)