Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A is for...

My friend Laume started this meme a few days ago and I decided to play too, since you all know I loooooves me some lists! The deal is that you make up your own personal list, however short or long, of people, places, or things that mean something special to you and that start with the chosen letter. I plan (hope? No, plan, dammit!) to eventually work my way through the entire alphabet to make my own personal little DebDictionary. So here we go! A is for... Anita - my much-missed mom Amber - (with a capital A) my beautiful niece amber - (with a little a) the stone (mineral? whatever!); A couple of my favorite pieces of jewelry include an amber ring that used to belong to my Grandma Keeton and a pair of silver and amber earrings that I bought in Mexico Aquamarine - my birthstone Amethyst - not my birthstone, but I really love the stone and wear it a lot Apples, Asparagus, Avocados, Angel-food cake - some of my favorite A-foods Amelia (Peabody) - one of my favorite fictional characters Amelia (Earhart) - one of my favorite historical figures Airplanes - because I so LOVE the experience of taking off and soaring through the air. I just wish I could fly a plane myself instead of being crammed in a flying bus with a bunch of strangers. Or better yet I wish I could just FLY, no plane needed! Absurdity - because the world would be so much more boring without it Aardvark - because isn't that just a fabulous name for an animal?? Azure - a beautiful name for a beautiful color "Amazing Grace" - I have a weird love of hymns for a non-religious person and that's one of my favorites Antiques - I like things that have a sense of history about them Accessories - because they're fun! Abundance - something I hope for in my life and in the lives of those I love Alfred (Hitchcock) - love his films! "ACK!", "Ahem", and "All righty, then" - some of my favorite (probably overused!) blog-words Art - I can't imagine a world without it "A is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) Please feel free to steal this idea if you want to. I did! :-)