Wednesday, June 07, 2006

L is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... L is for... Love, Life, Laughter - Must-have L-stuff! Lilacs, Lilies, Lavender - Some of my favorite L-flowers. Lobster, Limes, Lemons, Latte, Lemon aid - L-foods I Like. Lagniappe - Love the word, love the concept! (In case someone reading this doesn't know the word, it's a Cajun [Creole??...I think Cajun!] word meaning a little something extra. It originally meant specifically something a merchant would add to a purchase at no extra cost, but now it just means any sort of little "just because" bonus given beyond what is owed.) Limericks - Well... I think limerick-writing is fun. I seldom can stop at just one. They truly delight me. You don't like 'em? Bite Me! But after you bite, better run! Lists - I Looove me some Lists! Also, if I didn't make lists, I'm afraid I'd forget to do important things like buy groceries, or wear underwear, or breathe. Libra - Not my sign, but I have to include it because there are so many great Libra people in my life, including my husband and several close friends. I usually get along great with Libra people! Logic puzzles - You know...those obnoxious things where they tell you that the guy with the green car lives next to the dentist and two doors down from the man in the yellow house and the lawyer who drinks martinis lives at the end of the street next to the man with the red car, but not next to the man who drinks beer, etc. - and then you're supposed to figure out who lives where, has what job, drives what color car, and drinks what booze? I LOVE those! I'm pretty good at them too. (BTW, don't try to figure out the one I wrote above because it isn't a real puzzle. Heh.) Light - I crave it. Too many gray days in a row will depress the hell out of me. Lightnin' bugs - Such fun to watch on a summer night. So magical! Looking out over a field of them is like looking at stars on the ground. Leather - I like the smell of leather. (Is that weird?) "Leisure Suit Larry" - The very first thing I ever remember doing on a computer is trying to play that stupid game about a gazillion years ago. Libraries - My personal library is one of my favorite things in my house. I love going to public libraries too. This is the first place I've ever lived where I don't use the library much, because our local one is rather sad and pathetic, but I hope to see that change in the next year or so. They just broke ground for a new building and I hope to see improvements when they move. Yay! L'Oreal - Bless 'em for making Feria #74 Deep Copper! Lame-o, Lalalaaa, Lovely (or Loverly), Loony, Lucky - L-words I say a Lot. Luscious, Luxurious, Lusty, Lilting, Luminous - L-words I Love. "L is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)