Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tri-Meme

I first saw this meme on Smart Bitches, Trashy Books (and have since seen it on a few other book blogs) and thought it was a cool one, so I didn't wait to see if I was ever tagged by anyone. I blatantly lifted it to post here. HA! So here, without further ado, are my answers to what I choose to call the Tri-Meme Three screen names that you'’ve had: This one kind of doesn't work for me. I haven't had a bunch of aliases...I pretty much "yam who I yam". Several of my email address names have been based on some variation of my oldest dog's name, Tansy, if that counts.

Three things you like about yourself: My eyes (the way they look, not how badly they see!), my sense of humor, my optimism

Three things you don'’t like about yourself: My sometimes-excessive self-absorption, a frequent lack of focus, my obsessiveness. I realize those last two sound like they should be incompatible, but somehow I manage to be both frequently unfocused AND obsessive. It's a gift.

Three parts of your heritage: Irish, Spanish, Cherokee (all on my Dad's side of the family)

Three things that scare you: Spiders, small closed-in places, the thought of three more years living in the Shadow of the Shrub (shudder).

Three of your everyday essentials: Coffee, a walk with my dogs, talking with my husband.

Three things you are wearing right now: A long-sleeved floral tee with beads and sequins on it (oooooh, shiny!), boot-cut jeans, red suede shoes.

Three of your favorite songs: This could easily change tomorrow, or even five minutes from now, but three that came to mind at the moment are "Popular" (from the Wicked cast recording), "I Feel Lucky" (Mary Chapin Carpenter), "Born to Fly" (Sara Evans)

Three things you want in a relationship: Kindness, trust, laughter.

Two truths and a lie: I like oatmeal. I like grits. I like cream of wheat.

Three things you can'’t live without: Books, chocolate, and hugs.

Three places you want to go on vacation: New Zealand, Alaska, the Mediterranean region (especially Italy and Greece).

Three things you just can'’t do: Make pancakes anyone except a starving person would want to eat, stand on my head, ice skate (or much of anything else requiring good balance...took me AGES to learn to ride a bike as a kid!)

Three kids names: Polly Esther Kerry Okie Amanda Victoria (aka Manda Tory) Good thing I'm not a mom, yes? If I had been, I might actually have used that last one. Seriously!

Three things you want to do before you die: Travel to LOTS of other countries, win a big fat award at a major quilt show, get a story or article published somewhere. (That last one is a new ambition. Hhmm...guess if I actually want it to happen I probably need to submit some stories or articles somewhere, eh? Damn.)

Three celeb crushes: Uuhhh....I'm not much of a "crusher" really. If they don't have to be CURRENT celebrities, then that's easy: Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Katharine Hepburn. But current celebs? Uuuuhh....geeze....I often have what I guess I'd describe as crushes on characters rather than on the actors who play them, if that makes sense. Like I think Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones is totally hot, but I think Harrison Ford having a mid-life crisis with Calista "Feed that Girl a Sandwich" Flockhart (sp?) is just creepy. So I think I'll just stick with having crushes on the dead celebs. 'Cause, yeah, nothing creepy about THAT! (snort!)

Three of your favorite musicians: Hhmmm....not favorite "singers" but favorite "musicians", so...um, ok....Ray Charles, Bonnie Raitt, and Ray Charles again.

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you: I started to put something else here and then re-read that question and saw that it said "physical" so....lessee...dimples, great arms peaking out of rolled-up shirt sleeves, strong-looking hands.

Three of your favorite hobbies: Reading, watching movies, solving puzzles.

Three things you really want to do badly right now: Eat tons of leftover Halloween candy without getting sick, gaining weight, or making my blood sugar go all roller-coaster-y. Be able to snap my fingers and have my house clean without having to actually, you know, CLEAN it. Have a quilt idea that excites me. Hell, never mind excitement, I'd even take mild interest right about now! If the Universe would hand me a quilt idea that makes me want to look sincerely into its eyes and say "let's be friends", I could work with that. Hello? Anyone? Bueller?

Three careers you'’re considering/you'’ve considered: Writer (first thing I can ever remember wanting to be when I grew up), Designer (I'm not sure of what exactly, just liked the idea of Designing Stuff), Art Teacher (I actually have an unused degree in that one)

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy: I love to read SciFi/Fantasy novels. I enjoy watching action/adventure movies, including the corny superhero ones based on comic books. I think of the phone as a necessary evil for the efficient exchange of information rather than as a fun way to spend time chatting with friends.

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl: I love to read Romance novels. I enjoy watching romantic comedy movies. I love buying and wearing GirlyStuff like shoes, jewelry, and make-up.

Three people that I would like to see post this meme: Ok, here's what I hate about the tagging thing. I'd like to see LOTS of people whose blogs I read answer this stuff! I don't want to narrow it down to three, dammit, and I don't want anyone to think "she didn't tag me so she must not read my blog and/or like me". So if I don't "tag" you and you think this is a cool little exercise in navel gazing, PLEASE...steal it! I did. {smile} And I'd sincerely love to see your answers. But in the meantime, because three people in the AQ webring specifically mentioned not being tagged for the 20 Questions thing that was going around, I hereby tag Lisa, Arlee, and Liz P for the Tri-Meme. And because I want to tag some non-AQ-ring people too, I'll make it a 3x2 tag and say that I'd also love to see answers from Laume, Sally Anne, and Rachel.