Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's My Party, I'll Be Silly If I Want To

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I spent this past weekend with my sister and brother-in-law, Sandy and Andy. Friday night, my brother, Mark, and his two kids, Amber and Josh, came over for a few hours too. It was the first time in quite a while that we were all together at the same time. We ate pizza, and drank wine (well, the three of us who were over 21 and not going anyplace that night did anyway; Mark and the kids had to settle for pop) and talked. Then we spent some time watching three of our favorite episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and trying to out-trivia each other because, yes, we are just exactly that geeky. And proud of it - HA! After watching the DVDs (and, it must be admitted, consuming more wine), we decided to take photos. Well, ok...I decided to take photos, by which I mean I decided to whip out the camera and rather randomly and tipsily (is that a word?) point it around the room and push buttons until eventually Josh took it away from me and started taking some photos that were actually framed and focused and things. Show-off. This was one of the first shots I took, of Andy, Josh, and Mark: I also took this one of Amber and Sandy: But then Josh took the camera and he took this one: and this one: Then we decided to use the timer to take some group shots. Since I was the one who knew how the timer worked, I took the camera back and set up this one: This was our next attempt, with the camera lower and closer: The problem was I barely made it back into frame in time, so I showed Josh how the timer worked and he did this one: Josh got all creative and told us to act like rock stars: Then we were supposed to act sweet: Then finally, in the end, we revealed our true selves: Wasn't that fun? Don't you wish you'd been there? Well then listen to THIS limited-time offer! You TOO can be included in our next family party for the special price of just $19.95! Call 555-FUNN today and talk to our friendly operators, who are standing by. Have your credit card ready. But wait, there's more! If you act now, you'll get two parties for the price of one, AND free double prints of your own incriminating photos! Don't delay! Offer expires at midnight! (You must be over 18. Wine and Geek Gene not included. Offer void where prohibited and other fast-talking, fine-print, legaleze announcer stuff. Ahem.)