Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Self-Portrait Challenge: Introduce Yourself, Week 1

This month the challenge for the former Self-Portrait Tuesday, now newly renamed Self-Portrait Challenge, is "introduce yourself". Mmmm-kay. I'm afraid I must admit that's pretty much all that went through my mind when I read that challenge description, just "mmmm-kay." Or perhaps "all-righty then." I was hoping for true inspiration to hit, but I think Inspiration has made a break for it, and is currently lounging on a tropical beach, reading a trashy novel while accepting fruity rum drinks with little paper umbrellas in them from an attractive cabana boy, so I'm on my own here. And being on my own, I decided to just start at the beginning, take it a decade at a time, and over the next few weeks tell you: The Story Of Deb (Condensed Version) Episode One: The Story of Deb: The First Ten Years Hi, I'm Deb! I was born in the usual way, 40-something years ago. For the first three years of my life I was an only child and spent a lot of time trying not to nap, while making weird faces for the camera and learning the concept of cake as a major food group. Then suddenly my glory days were over and I had to share the limelight with a little brother. I was not at all sure this was a good idea at first, but I have to admit he grew on me. Also, I quickly realized that having a sibling increased the cake opportunities. But then, as if that wasn't bad enough, along came a little sister who shared not only camera time, but also my room! Sheeeeesh. But still, ditto on the "growing on me" thing. And the cake thing. And THEN... To Be Continued Wow, pretty amazing stuff, yes?? With such a riveting beginning, I'm not sure how you'll contain your excitement until next Tuesday, but please try, oh Pretty Internets, because next week we'll be exploring "The Story of Deb: The Teen Decade." I can sense the shivers of anticipation going through Blogsylvania even as I type. (BTW, the photos above are clickable if you want to see them larger in a new window.)