Saturday, April 29, 2006

Facts so little-known that I didn't even know some of them myself:

I first saw The Mechanical Contrivium on Fickleknitter's blog ages ago and thought it was funny. So I had it generate some trivia. Yay! Then I forgot about it. Boo! (Or Yay, depending on what you think of that sort of thing.) Then I found it again. Yay! (Or Boo. Whatever. Sheesh, make up your mind, ok?) So here is your opportunity to waste a few of your valuable Saturday moments finding out some little-known "facts" about RSR and me. Or you can scroll past all that and just look at the pretty picture at the end. It's a judgment call. Ten Top Trivia Tips about Red Shoe Ramblings!
  1. Red Shoe Ramblings can be found on a Clue board between the Library and the Conservatory. (Good location, yes?)
  2. Without its lining of Red Shoe Ramblings, your stomach would digest itself. (So you see why it's so important to take my words to heart...er...stomach.)
  3. If Red Shoe Ramblings was life size, it would stand 7 ft 2 inches tall and have a neck twice the size of a human. (Damn skippy!)
  4. Red Shoe Ramblings cannot be detected by infrared cameras! (I paid extra for that feature.)
  5. The Eskimos have over fifty words for Red Shoe Ramblings! (And some of those words are actually nice!)
  6. Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than Red Shoe Ramblings. (They're higher in fat and calories too. RSR is clearly the healthier choice.)
  7. The porpoise is second to Red Shoe Ramblings as the most intelligent animal on the planet. (Well, you know, I don't like to brag...)
  8. The state nickname of Iowa is 'The Red Shoe Ramblings state'. (All right! Go, Iowa!)
  9. The deepest part of Red Shoe Ramblings is over 35,000 feet deep. (Luckily I don't often share that part, for safety reasons.)
  10. Red Shoe Ramblings is black with white stripes, not white with black stripes. (But really, you probably don't need to know that unless you're planning to be a contestant on Jeopardy!)
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Deb!
  1. Worldwide, Deb is the most important natural enemy of night-flying insects. (Well, I AM pretty wicked with a swatter.)
  2. If you cut Deb in half and count the number of seeds inside, you will know how many children you are going to have. (Eeeuuuww! And also Ouch! Let's not try that, 'k?)
  3. Only 55 percent of Americans know that the sun is made of Deb! (Shiny!)
  4. Deb kept at the window will keep vampires at bay! (I see my reputation precedes me.)
  5. Neil Armstrong first stepped on Deb with his left foot. (But then I hit him with my right fist and he moved it. Clumsy bastard.)
  6. A rhinoceros horn is made from compacted Deb. (I don't THINK so.)
  7. Deb was named after Deb the taxi driver in Frank Capra's 'It's a Wonderful Life'! (The alternate version with the all-female cast.)
  8. Some hotels in Las Vegas have Deb floating in their swimming pools! (Well actually they don't, at least not at the moment. Maybe someday.)
  9. The moon is 400 times closer to the Earth than Deb, and 400 times smaller. (HEY! What are you implying??)
  10. Deb can be seen from space. (Well now that's just rude. I think we're done here.)
Here's another of my "stick the camera under a plant and see what it finds" photos: "Hosta"