Wednesday, April 19, 2006

E is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... E is for... Email - How did we ever communicate without it? Elna (6005 Heirloom Edition) - my beloved sewing machine. Earrings - my greatest jewelry weakness. I LOVE earrings, especially dangly ones! EDKSky (EvilDemonKittySky) - [aka Dingleberry; aka Scooter; aka "ya big Moose"; aka "Dammit, Cat!"] - my neurotic cat, bless his twisted little heart. Elkhart Lake (Wisconsin) - someplace I used to live. Exclamation Marks - One of my favorite punctuation marks! I use them a LOT!! Really!!! Ellipses - I use these a lot too... Expressionism - One of my favorite art styles. Equality - A cause I feel passionate about. Elizabeth (Peters) - One of my favorite writers (real name Barbara Mertz; also writes as Barbara Michaels). Egypt - Someplace I'd love to visit, partly because of Elizabeth Peters' books, many of which are set there! Europe - Someplace else I'd love to visit! (Have to include the whole continent, since there are so many countries in Europe that I'd love to see.) Escapism - Some"place" I already visit, quite often. It's a lovely place to go. LaLaLaaa... EarMuffs - A winter necessity for me, since I get ear aches nearly as easily as a small child. eBay - I'm not as hooked on it as I was at one time, but I still think it can be a fun place to shop, or to pass along stuff I don't want or need anymore to those who do. Eggs - The first thing I remember learning to cook is scrambled eggs. A scrambled egg is still a sort of meal of last resort for me when I know I need protein but I don't feel like messing with much in the kitchen. Eggnog, Eggplant Parmesan, Enchiladas (especially cheese/onion, or seafood) - some of my favorite E-foods. Eat - Something I Enjoy doing a little too much. You didn't think it was a coincidence that I have lists of food for almost every letter, did you? I come from a family where our motto is "It's All About The Food". Unfortunately, it shows. Sigh... Education - This was big in my family too. I even have a degree in Art Education, although I've never really used it, and both my parents were teachers. Esoteric, Erotic, Eclectic, Eccentric, Exciting, Ecstatic, Exhilarating, Excellent, Elusive, Effervescent, Empathy - E-words I like! "E is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)