Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

I haven't been talking about The Amazing Race this season, but I've been watching it and I just have to say that I kind of adore the hippie guys, BJ and Tyler. I won't say more, so as not to post spoilers for those who watch it later because of TiVo or being in another country or something, but I just had to say how much I'm loving watching those two guys. I want them to win! Just so I'm at least mentioning the word "quilt" I will say that I have an idea, and I have sketches, and I cleared off my work space (a necessary first step for me because as soon as I start it will turn to chaos again as I fling fabrics around with wild abandon). I can't honestly say I'm working on anything hands-on quite yet, but I'm working on it in my head, trying to figure out exactly how to create the background I'm seeing in my mind. I can picture exactly how I want to do the design part that will go ON the background, but the background itself is giving me technical difficulties. No, not difficulties...challenges. I'll get there...just gotta let the concept stew in my brain a little longer so that (hopefully!) when I start cutting into fabric I won't have to re-do it 27 times, 'cause I hate when that happens! Stay tuned. I keep saying I'm not going to officially sign up for Poetry Thursday because I don't want to commit to participating every week, but then I keep either writing silly haikus or limericks, or running across poems that others have written and I want to share. This is one of the latter: I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit. -----Dawna Markova "Peeking Through"