Thursday, April 06, 2006

Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #12

1. Happy Birthday, Deirdre! Hope you have a great day! When y'all stop by Deirdre's blog to wish her a happy birthday, check out the Birthday Calculator thingy she posted - it's fun! I did that with my birthday too, fully intending to post it here on the day, then totally forgot I'd done it. Oops! Oh well, another year, perhaps. 2. Laurie, aka Crazy Aunt Purl has posted the Hor-O-Scopes for April. Here's mine:
PISCES (Feb. 19 - March 20) Did you know that psychologists say it takes three weeks to break a bad habit? What happens on week four, though? Do you suppose the bad habit comes back from its vacation double recharged and rarin' to go? It's a conundrum. Much like your month ahead: pressure feels most intense around financial issues, but at the same time your outlook is better and more secure than it has been in ages. Now is a good time to review some of your less-than-stellar habits and try to spend the next 21 days freeing yourself of just one. I'll be interested to see how week four goes -- you have both Venus and Jupiter on your side, rare and very good for you. Let me know in May how it all works out.
Hhhmmm...free myself from a less-than-stellar habit, eh? Which to choose, which to choose? I have so many of them and I'm really rather attached to pretty much all of them! Hhhmmm... 3. Got my quilts shipped off to AQS yesterday! Yay! It was the first time I did a full-out errand day in a week, but I pretty much had to since we were also running low on milk and dog food. Yet again I was shocked at how tired I got and how quickly it happened, but oh well - I did it! I call that progress. 4. A quilt email group I'm on has been talking a little about the idea of shrines. While I haven't gone there in my fiber work (at least not yet!), last night I had that on my mind and started playing with paper and ended up making the silly little thing below, which is going to be today's Daily Art Thang. Then this morning, in honor of Poetry Thursday, I made up a Bad Haiku to go with it. Enjoy! (???) Look! Golden sandals - summer treasure for the feet. (Must get pedicure.) "Summer Treasure"