Wednesday, April 05, 2006

C is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... C is for... Cincinnati (Ohio) - Where I was born in the early hours of a stormy March morning, just before Night turned to Day and Winter turned to Spring. Cookies, Cake, Candy, Coconut - Why are so many of the C-foods I like bad for me?? Carrots, Corn, Crab, Cheese, Cherries, Citrus - On the other hand, I also like these C-foods which are good for me. Chocolate - this C-food is important enough to deserve a listing all its own! Coffee - Ditto. Cary (Grant) - one of my favorite-ever actors. Charles (deLint) - one of my favorite authors. Crocus - I love seeing these little flowers poke their heads out of the ground in the early spring. The golden centers are like a promise from the sun that it hasn't forgotten the earth and will be back soon. Cerulean, Cobalt, Celadon, Chartreuse, Copper, Coral, Crimson - there are so many gorgeous C-colors! Wow! Camera - a different way to see the world. Campbellsville (Kentucky) - where I lived for the better part of four years as the professors at the college there attempted to edumacate me. Heh. Collage - not to be confuzzled (good word!) with the aforementioned college; an art technique I love, both digital collage and the old-fashioned scissors-and-glue type. Comedy - I LOVE to laugh! Cruise - One of my favorite ways to take a vacation. I am entirely susceptible to the charms of being spoiled rotten and cruise lines have the whole "spoil their guests rotten" thing down to an art. Cotton - what most of my fiber art is made of! Cape Girardeau (Missouri) - someplace else I lived for a while. Contentment - a rather wonderful state of mind when I can manage it. Confidence - something I find in much more abundant supply the older I get. I figure it's nature's way of making up for the ravages of that bitch known as Gravity. Cards - I like 'em! I like greeting cards. I like playing cards. I like Tarot cards. Cards are Good. Cardinal - state bird of both Ohio, where I was born, and Kentucky, where I choose to live. Plus they're pretty! Crappola - I say this a lot. I'm not proud of it, but hey...it's nicer than "bugger". "C is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)