Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Rock 'n' Rant 'n' Roll

What Rocks? Getting my final postcard to arrive in the AQ Web Ring fabric postcard swap: "Blue Storm Brewing" by JennyG As usual, the scan really doesn't do it justice, as some of the "confetti" is metallic and some of the fibers have a sheen about them. Thanks, Jen! That was fun y'all! Maybe we should do another round after the holidays! What makes me want to Rant? Well, just a little anyway. It's not a huge thing in the grand scheme of things, so this won't be a huge rant, but take a look at the bill I got in the mail yesterday (clickable if you can't read it at the size I had to make it to fit here): Yes, that's right, UPS, in their infinite wisdom, has not only decided to start adding a surcharge for having their customers print return labels (which may or may not even be used!), but then they can't even include the surcharge on the main bill. Noooooo! They have to send an entirely separate bill to collect the princely sum of 50 cents. (For non-US folks, that's half of one dollar!) Don't you think maybe if they didn't spring for the paper, ink, labor, and postage to send an entirely separate bill that maybe...just maybe....they could go back to NOT charging me to print something myself, something the person I sent the package to may or may not even USE? (The package in question is a quilt I sent to an exhibit and if it sells I won't get it back...obviously!) I am NOT going to write a check for fifty cents. I'm just not. My first thought was to send them a roll of pennies, but then that turns into something as stupid as what they're doing because of what I'd have to pay to mail something that heavy. But still, there's got to be something in between. So what do you guys think...Two quarters or 5 dimes? Rolling Right Along... I saw this on QuizQueen Gabrielle's blog and had to give it a try. Here are my results:
Very Well-Rounded
You have: 62% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and 70% EMOTIONAL INTUITION
The graph on the right represents your place in Intuition 2-Space. As you can see, you scored above average on emotional intuition and above average on scientific intuition. (Weirdly, your emotional and scientific intuitions are equally strong.)
Your Emotional Intuition score is a measure of how well you understand people, especially their unspoken needs and sympathies. A high score score usually indicates social grace and persuasiveness. A low score usually means you're good at Quake. Your Scientific Intuition score tells you how in tune you are with the world around you; how well you understand your physical and intellectual environment. People with high scores here are apt to succeed in business and, of course, the sciences.
My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 32% on Scientific
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 60% on Interpersonal
Link: The 2-Variable Intuition Test written by jason_bateman on Ok Cupid