Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday Snippets

Recently someone (wish I could remember who...oops!) told me about this site where you can see animated representations of how the muscles of the face work to create various expressions. I thought it was pretty cool. And hey, it's educational too, unlike the Build a Better Bush site, which isn't educational at all, but is kind of fun. I don't have much to say today and I bet a lot of people aren't reading anyway, as it's a holiday weekend here in the US., so I'll keep this short-ish and just mention that: a) I sewed yesterday. Don't get excited, it wasn't much and I can't share photos at the moment, but still... I. Sewed. HA! b) I'm 3/4 through a book by an author I haven't read before and so far I'm really liking it. Maybe I'll have more to say about that soon. c) I bought the stuff to make margaritas. Did I mention it's a holiday weekend? And it's supposed to be HOT here by Sunday - temps in the low '90's. (For those who don't live in the US, the converter thingy I found online says that's around 33 C.) Picture me hanging in the shade with my buddy Jose. d) Today's DAT is an exercise in texture. It's a photo of a rhubarb plant, both normal: "Rhubarb and Chicken Wire" and altered: "Rhubarb and Chicken Wire Again" Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, whether it's a holiday where you live or not! Now...where did I put the salt?