Thursday, October 05, 2006

Poetry Thursday: The Body

The theme for Poetry Thursday this week is The Body. I had trouble narrowing it down to just one poem this week, as I found several I liked that fit the theme, plus I had something rattling around in my head that might someday turn into a poem, but it isn't there yet. I finally narrowed it down to one I want to share by Sandra Cisneros. If you're offended by blunt earthiness you might want to skip on down to the Daily Art Thang, because Ms. Cisneros is nothing if not blunt and earthy. That's what I like about her poetry. :-) If that sounds like something you'd like too, then read on. Well, If You Insist My body, this body, that has nothing to do with who I am. But it's my body, this body you long for. Sinew and twist of flesh, helix of desire and vanity. These bodies. Your body. My body. Ours swallowing each other whole. This. That. Neck. Mouth. Cock. Cunt. Little terrorist, you terrify me. Come in then. Climb on. Get in. Well, if you insist. If you insist... ~~~Sandra Cisneros Daily Art Thang: "Honeysuckle Berries" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)