Friday, October 06, 2006

Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #28

1. I am ever-so pleased because a Penn Station restaurant has opened recently in the little town where I do most of my shopping. Yay! It takes so little to make me do a happy dance. There aren't a lot of food choices there and this is one of 3 or 4 fast food places I most wanted to come to town. Now if only the others would open there too, and also some nicer restaurants, and a good coffee shop, and a nice big book store, and a great shoe store, and maybe a Target. That's not wishing for too much, right? Right?? 2. On the other hand, it is perhaps not a good sign that since Penn Station opened a couple of weeks ago it actually showed up in one of my dreams. Sheesh! The dream had to do with being there at the restaurant with friends and waiting (and waiting and waiting) for food (which isn't realistic, they're usually quite speedy) and then went on to have something to do with some of us going to a nearby gas station to fill up an obnoxiously huge vehicle I actually wouldn't be caught dead in while we were waiting for the food, and then the brakes went out and I was trying frantically to prevent this beast of a car or truck or whatever it was from crashing into anything and hurting anyone, and I'm sure it's all very deep and significant and something to do with unmet needs and a feeling of being out of control about something-or-other, but you know what? It pretty much just made me want to go to Penn Station for lunch. A moment of silence please while we all marvel at the depths of my shallowness. 3. I really hope no one decides to pass a law like this in the US. I would be in SUCH trouble, capiche? 4. Here's today's Daily Art Thang: "Ivy" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)