Sunday, November 05, 2006

Little Bits of Fluff

I had some thoughts running through my head yesterday that had the potential to be a Real Post, but this morning I'm feeling a little oogie and I find I just don't have it in me to dig that deeply into my brain or heart. Sorry. Meanwhile, just so there's something here for the intrepid souls who stopped by on a Sunday, however lame that something might be, here's a gratuitous cute cat shot: "Skybrary" (clickable) I originally took that photo a couple of months ago for the "With Someone" SPC theme and then didn't use it. And here's my traditional Stupid Sunday Quiz:
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
The South
The Inland North
The Northeast
Philadelphia
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have? Take More Quizzes
They're right about where I'm from - I was, in fact, born in southern Ohio. Although I don't quite have the newscaster "non"-accent they mention after living in Kentucky for so many years, unless newscasters have started saying "y'all" and I haven't noticed. (Which is entirely possible since I detest TV newscasts and prefer to get my news from newspapers or online sources.) I'd be curious what the results would be for someone outside the US taking that quiz, since that person obviously wouldn't actually have any American accent. I wonder what kind the quiz maker would think they had based on their responses. Hhhhmmm... Any of my non-US friends game to try it and tell me your result? For today's DAT, here's a photo I took a couple of weeks ago when the red maple tree in our front yard was in full color. Those orange-red-brown leaves are gone now, as are most of the leaves on the trees in the woods, except for the oak trees. They'll have brown leaves clinging to them well into February. "Red Maple Leaves" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) I hope you've all been having a lovely weekend. I'll hope to be more coherent and somewhat more interesting tomorrow.