Friday, November 03, 2006

Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #31

1. Yesterday afternoon I started trying to take a few Glam photos for the November Self-Portrait Challenge. Oy. Really, just...Oy. And maybe Ack. This isn't going to be easy. 2. Look at what I saw on the floor the other day when the sun was hitting a suncatcher just right: Pretty, yes? What's weird is that the suncatcher is in the dining room window and this was all the way over here on the library floor where I wouldn't have figured the colors could reach. There's probably something a bit profound buried in that thought, but I'm not sure what it is because I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet. 3. I was excited to discover the other day that Lexington is about to get its very own Half-Price Book Store! YAY!! I love that store and always try to go when I visit Cincinnati. It's such a great place to find older stuff that's no longer carried in new book stores, or to try new-to-me authors on the cheap. Now, not only is one about to open in Lexington (which is 25 miles closer to me than Cincy), but it is located right next door to Off-Broadway Shoe Warehouse (aka Shoe Mecca). Double-YAY! They were open to buy last time I was in town, but weren't selling yet, which was just painful, as they had some stuff there that I'd been looking for and that stuff will probably be gone when I go back. It's almost enough to make me consider going back for their grand opening day next week, despite the fact that I usually avoid grand opening sales like I'd avoid plague-ridden door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesmen. Hhhmmmm.... 3b. Speaking of stores I love, I wonder if I'd still be so hooked on Target if we had one closer or if I'd get used to them and not want to grab everything I see when I walk in the doors?! Last time I was in a Target in Lexington, I kept grabbing stuff and going "ooooooohhhh" and throwing it in the cart and then I'd think "no, Deb, you don't need that" and I'd put it back. I do that ALL the time when I go there. I must look insane. In the end, the stuff I kept included this hat: (crappy photo, sorry) and these socks: The black things are cat-shaped jingle bells I cut off them. I loved the color and feel of the socks, but I didn't particularly want jingly ankles. Maybe I'll reuse them on something crafty. (I almost typed "something crappy" which might actually have been oddly appropriate. Ahem.) 4. Look at the roses J rescued from a rain storm a couple of days ago: He said they were the last ones out there except one and it was too far gone to pick. It always makes me a little sad when the last of the roses die for the year. After the rain ended I went out and took a photo of that rose too and that's today's Daily Art Thang. "Last Rose of '06" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) 5. If you have such a surplus of time on your hands that you want to waste some (or you are just unable to resist a challenge! Not that I'd know anything about that. Ahem.), Here is a link to a game, courtesy of my friend Bev. My goal was to finish in 33 seconds, but the best I was ever able to do is this: Good enough. I'm done now. Hope you all have a great weekend!