Friday, October 27, 2006

You Found Me HOW?

I know lots of bloggers have written posts about keyword searches that lead people to their blogs, but I never have - until today. Most of the time I don't even think to check to see how people got here! But today, inspired by a recent post by Dragonfly, I decided to take a look at the keyword analysis for Red Shoe Ramblings and tell you what I found. In the past couple of days, these have been the most popular searches used to find my blog: 10. Redhead L'Oreal Um, yep. That would describe me all right. Did you have a question? 9. 80's Clothes and Hair Oh dear. Must we go there? MUST we??? It appears we must. Did anyone else notice how Danielle (Bree's daughter) looked on this past Sunday's episode of Desperate Housewives? Big, curly hair, HUGE earrings, a big-shouldered striped t-shirt, skinny pants. I'm tellin' ya, she could've wandered straight from that episode into pretty much any '80's teen flick you can think of and she'd have looked right at home. I'm thinking any day now it'll be time to buy a pair of scrunchy ankle boots and start wearing some of J's fishing lures on my ears. 8. When do spiders go dormant? I don't think they do. I think the sneaky little hairy-legged, multi-eyed bastards just move inside and try to make nests in places I don't want to think about while waiting for their chance to suck my face off while I sleep. I swear one built a mansion of a web in ONE night in my dining room window this week! (...shudder...) 7. frizz ease ethics In my opinion, if easing your frizz makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone, then it's ethical. But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion. I never claimed to be a philosopher. 6. Rent character analysis Mimi Mimi is a needy, wounded, girl-child in a woman's body who almost self-destructs by trying to fill her emotional void with drugs and sex. But she has a heart of gold and a couple of really good musical numbers. Next! 5. Lollipop guild munchkin shoes Really? With all the beautiful shoes in the world, you really want to know what the lollipop guild guys were wearing on their feet??? Wow, I don't even want to see inside your mind. Sorry, no help here, although if you click on that last link you might find what you're looking for. Maybe it's for a Halloween costume. Yeah, that's it...I'm going to believe you only want to know how to put together a Lollipop Guild Munchkin Halloween costume. Whew! 4. Playing in my head earworm Oh man, do I ever know where YOU'RE coming from! I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. Oh hell, I'll tell you first! I've had "Kiss" by Prince in my head for two solid freakin' WEEKS. I've tried thinking of other songs and it doesn't work. I've even tried thinking of other Prince songs, hoping it would sort of wean me away from hearing the exact same one over and over. Nope. Not even Little Red Corvette can drive away his Kiss. "You don't have to be rich to be my girl. You don't have to be cool to rule my world. Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with, I just want your extra time and your....KISS!" There, is it in your head now too? You're welcome. 3. Fabric Postcards Wow, kinda cool that this is number three. When I think to check, it's usually number one on my search list. I'm glad people like it, but it's nice when people visit for some other reason than the infamous fabric postcard instructions. I've had about 40 bazillion hits on that thing in the past year (rounded up to the nearest bazillion). If I'd had any idea when I wrote that post that it would turn out to be so popular, I would NOT have gone out of my way to point out my stubby, unpolished fingernails in one of the photos! And I might have chosen a wine that actually went with the chocolate instead of just grabbing a pretty bottle out of my pantry. Ahem. 2. Grey's Anatomy footwear Ooooh, do you mean those fabulous red stillettos they show in the opening credits?? Those are HOT! Sadly, you will not find them here. And if I had them, I wouldn't share. I would put them on a pedestal in some flattering lighting, and admire them daily, and show them to visitors (as long as they promised not to touch!), and only take them down now and then for naughty games with my husband. (Was that Too Much Information?) And the most popular search to find my blog this week: 1. How to crochet a scarf Oh dear. Oh, you poor, poor people who are evidently being led to this post. I hope I haven't scarred you for life. Here's a bit of advice from Auntie Deb. If you want to know how to crochet a scarf, it might be a good idea to click on links that actually describe the finished object as a "scarf" instead of clicking on a link that describes how to make a "scarf-like object." I'm just sayin'. In the future, if anyone does a search for "blonde with cleavage" they're going to find this DAT, not because it has anything to do with blondes or boobage, but because I'm warped and find the thought of it amusing. "Blonde (trees) with Cleavage" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)