Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Bunch Of Rather Odd Questions

It's Saturday. so like it or not, it's time for a meme! (I happen to like it, but sometimes people tell me I'm weird.) This one is courtesy of Kristen. Someone knocks on your door at 2am, who do you want it to be? I want it to be a stray tree branch, or a stray dog, or even a stray little green bug-eyed alien, because any person knocking on my door at 2am has to mean bad news. Your boss tells you he/she will give you a $20 raise if you'll do your job naked. Do you stay and take the raise? I have no boss, but even if I did I can't imagine I'd say yes to that. I'm not saying I can't be had, but I'm not cheap! :-) Put yourself in a nutshell. No. Ever see a ghost? Yes, once. (And I've sensed them without actually seeing them a few times.) Happy with your body? No, I can't really say I'm happy with it, but I'm relatively content with it, despite it's flaws. It's carried me around for so many years now that it would seem mean to hate it just because it's not perfect. A reason to move to Iceland. From photos I've seen, it looks beautiful. Plus I kinda-sorta know someone from online who lives there, so I'd have a potential friend in place. :-) A place you've lived that you miss. The last town we lived in, a little. There was too much of J's family close by, dropping in at all hours without so much as a phone call, but despite that, there was a lot I liked about that town. A job you'd never do, no matter how much you were paid. Taxidermist A band/group you thought was cool when you were 13. Wow, way to make me feel freakin' OLD! When I was 13 it was the mid 1970's, so let's see, who would I have been listening to then? Heart, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Bob Seger...people like that probably. I actually still like all that music. :-) You have a nightmare, who's the first person you think to call? I wouldn't call anyone. I'd just get up and do something else for a while - read a book or something. Wanna have kids before you're 30? Honey, that ship has sailed. In fact, the sails are out of sight over the horizon and it may be about to hit an iceberg. A memory from high school. Sneaking into the principal's office after hours to read my file and see what my teachers had said about me and what my standardized test scores were. Yep, I really did. :-) Ever had a crush on a friend's parent? Nooooo. (Was this meme written by a 14-year-old or what??) Do you look more like your mom or dad? Y'know for years I'd have said I looked more like my dad, but acted more like my mom. But the older I get, the more I see both of them in both my looks and personality. I'd really say it's a toss-up! Something you've always wanted to learn to do. Fly a plane. How you'd like your life to be in 10 years. I'd like all the people I love to still be here and healthy, and I'd like for us all to be happy with ourselves and our lives. If all that is true, then the details of it all don't matter that much to me. Something you learned this year. How to turn off the annoying "greeting" chime on my Olympus camera. (Hey, it may not be profound, but it made me happy as all get-out!) What do you want for your birthday? Oh good grief, I'm SO not ready to think about that yet. I'll get back to you in a few months. Name 4 things you did yesterday. 1. I went out to lunch with J. 2. I did laundry. 3. I went for a walk. 4. I tortured myself by taking lots of photos for the November SPC, most of which turned out to make me look like I'm 113 years old and/or weigh approximately 597 lbs. Bah! (But I got a few that are maybe ok.) Last item you bought yourself? A book. (Ok, actually a few books. Sheesh.) What did you have for breakfast? A bowl of cereal. Black coffee. Name a celeb you crush on. Cary Grant (Hey, you didn't say they had to be alive!) Name the last 3 songs you heard. I have absolutely no idea. J had the radio on earlier and I was halfway listening to it, but I can't tell you what even one of the songs was that I heard, never mind three of them. How many hours of sleep do you get each night? I'm usually good with about 7 hours unless I'm sick, then I need massive amounts of sleep. What do you wish you were doing right now? Well, this I guess. If I wanted to do something else badly enough I'd be doing it. (Unless we want to get into FantasyLand, in which case I'd very much like to be on a tropical island, listening to the ocean, reading a trashy novel and sipping a drink with a little umbrella in it - a drink brought to me by a hot, scantily-dressed young man with a sexy accent. Sigh.) Who's the first person in your phone book on your cell? Arty (aka my friend Martha) Last time you witnessed a fight? A physical fight? I can't tell you exactly, but it's been several years. Argument? Actually I can't tell you that exactly either, but more recently....within the past few months. Name 3 places you'd like to travel to. 1. New Zealand 2. Italy 3. Greece Do you know how to ice skate? No. I've tried it a couple of times, but couldn't get the hang of balancing on such a tiny edge. I have weak ankles and kind of a crappy sense of balance. Name something you like that's out of the ordinary. First tell me what's ordinary, then I'll tell you something I like that isn't. I'm never quite sure what words like "ordinary" and "normal" are supposed to mean. Is bigger really better? Well, gee, that depends ENTIRELY on what one is describing, don't you think!!! What do you think of Brad Pitt? I think he's kind of girly-looking. What color are your toenails. Sparkly coral Do you own anything with a skull on it? Yep Traveled to Europe? No, but I'd sure LOVE to. Last movie you watched? At the cinema - "The Departed" On DVD - "Click" Where were you when you had your first kiss? In a car in my parents' driveway. Last board game you played? Pictionary (I think...and assuming that's considered a board game) Leather or lace? Leather. I'm not into lace at all, except occasionally on lingerie. Ever had a black eye? No, thank goodness! Have you ever worn fishnet stockings? Yep Wow, that was kind of a weird one, but still fun to do. If anyone else wants to do it, just leave me a comment saying you're tagging yourself so I can go see your answers, ok? Thanks! Here's today's Daily Art Thang, an extreme close-up of a section of an oak-leaf hydrangea's leaf: "Rift" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)