Sunday, October 15, 2006

Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #29

1. Does anyone who reads RSR live in or around Houston? Or does anyone who reads RSR plan to go to the International Quilt Festival there the first week of November? I got word a couple of days ago that one of the quilted fabric postcards I donated to the Fiberart For A Cause fundraiser to raise money for the American Cancer Society is being featured on a poster that will be used to advertise the fundraiser around the city of Houston. This is pretty exciting as they seem (from the email) to have only chosen 8 postcards to feature out of 2500+ donated. So, YAY! If anyone lives in or visits Houston during Festival time and spots one of those posters around town, I would LOVE to have a photo of the poster on location. In fact, tell ya what. I'll even offer a bribe....er, I mean a PRIZE. If anyone sees the poster with my fiber postcard on it somewhere in Houston and takes a photo of it and emails a copy of that photo to me telling me exactly where you saw the poster, the FIRST person to do so will win a fiberart postcard of their own (assuming I have a way to contact you for your snail mail addy). I'll make it just for you and mail it to you. So lemme know if you're in the area and game to go on a one-item photo scavenger hunt. :-) The postcard they'll be featuring will be one of these two: (they didn't tell me which one they were using) 2. I mentioned these two websites around this time last year, but I think they're worth a repeat nod, as they're both seasonal fun: Here is a website where you can carve a virtual pumpkin and see how it would look without all the mess of scooping out oogie, slimy pumpkin pulp and seeds. (Although this way you don't get to roast the pumpkin seeds and eat them for a snack, which is a shame because they're pretty tasty!) And Here is a website where you can play a game of Hangman featuring a sarcastic skeleton. The only way I can figure people are getting the scores I see on the high score board are that they play so much they memorize the word list. Sheesh! I feel like I'm doing good if I break 200! It's fun though. If you play, let me know how you did! 3. If it's Sunday, it must be Quiz Day, so here we go:
You Are 84% Intuitive
Your intuition is so spot on it's scary! You can learn a lot about people and situations, simply by listening to your gut. And you've even wondered if you can predict the future at times. Just be sure not to always listen to your intuition... someday it could be wrong!
But on the other hand:
You Are Incredibly Logical
Move over Spock - you're the new master of logic You think rationally, clearly, and quickly. A seasoned problem solver, your mind is like a computer!
That means my awesome logic should be able to tell me when my awesome intuition is failing me and vice versa, right? So, all righty then! Good to know. ;-) 4. And last, but (hopefully) not least, today's Daily Art Thang: "Autumn Vine" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)