Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SPC: September, Week 1 - With Johnny

The September theme for the Self-Portrait Challenge is "With Someone" and the instructions are to "...include someone else in your self portrait. Someone meaningful to your life or to the moment or to a specific event that you wish to document." So naturally I have to start the month by sharing a self-portrait with my DearestDarlin'OnlyOne, a.k.a. my husband, a.k.a. Johnny, a.k.a. J. I chose to share a glimpse into some of my favorite moments with J - the quiet moments alone. Edited to add: In case anyone else wonders, as Janet did, what the heck we're holding in the top left photo, it's a peeled pear. We have several apple and pear trees along one side of our driveway and one of the things J does when we go for walks together and the fruit is ripe is to pick an apple or pear and he'll peel it and slice it for us to share as we walk. He would probably just eat it as-is if he was alone, but he knows I'm grossed out (almost to the point of phobic) by fruit and/or veggie skins (it's a texture thing!). So even though he thinks it's silly, he indulges me by peeling it before we share it, because he loves me. :-) "Self-Portrait with Johnny" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)