Sunday, August 27, 2006

One Deep Breath: Wickedly Musical

Over at One Deep Breath, the theme for the past week has been "The Sound of Music" and we've been urged to write and post a haiku about the role of music in our lives. I know it's time for a new prompt, this being Sunday, but I thought I'd post something at the last minute for this theme anyway. One of the things this theme made me think of is my love for musicals. I know they're silly and corny and all that jazz (har!) but I adore them. They make me feel happy. In addition to loving musical films, I also love musicals on stage and I try to make it to Cincinnati at least once a year or so to see something from their Broadway Series stage productions. The very first musical movie I consciously remember watching (and loving) was "The Wizard of Oz" and the last musical stage show I saw (and loved) this past March, was the related story "Wicked", so I decided to post a haiku about each story and a collage that links them together. In a place called Oz Ruby shoes grant a girl's wish. "There's no place like home." Each tale has two sides. A wicked witch was once a girl with wishes too. "Two Sides" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)