Monday, September 04, 2006

One Deep Breath: Solitude

The theme at One Deep Breath this week is "Solitude." Here's what Susan had to say about the theme: "At times we seek solitude. In traditional Japanese haiku, the poet often seeks to portray wabi-sabi which has many interpretations in Western culture. In general, the meaning implies beauty in imperfection, impermanence, and incompleteness. (see Wiki Wiki Web) It also infers a sense of solitude." Cool! That seems like a theme that could go a lot of different directions. Here are a couple of places my thoughts took me (these two are not meant to be read as a pair or anything, they're just two different takes on the theme): My imagination soars when I am alone in the Silence of Me. Standing alone, wrapped in chains and wire. Still there is beauty at my feet. "Still Standing" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)