Thursday, February 23, 2006

Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #7

1. In re-reading the PR entry I posted last night, I realize that Joanne is right - it sounds like I didn't like the episode and that isn't quite true. It had some good moments (for instance, I loved the cast members singing their various made-up songs about each other!), but I was disappointed that they showed so many clips of things we'd already seen. I'd hoped to see more unaired, previously-edited-out stuff and to hear a little bit more dishing about what went on behind the scenes. So I didn't DISlike it, but it just wasn't quite what I'd hoped. 2. I totally forgot to watch Project Jay. Oops. Oh well. If Bravo follows their usual pattern they will no doubt air it approximately 57 more times before the end of the month, so I can probably still see it at some point if I want to. 3. The reason I forgot to watch Project Jay is because when PR was over I immediately returned to something I'd been watching on DVD and that I'd paused for an hour to see the reunion show. I got the 2-disc DVD set of "Rent" the other day and Tuesday night I watched the movie (which I'd seen on the big screen a few months ago) and I cried. I thought I'd save the special features for another time and watch something funny last night instead, but then I wasn't sure I'd have time for a feature-length film between supper and PR, so I went ahead and started the special features anyway. Here's a hint for those of you who buy this DVD: when they call one of the extras a "feature length documentary", they aren't just whistlin' "Dixie". That sucker is longer than the freakin' movie! AND it made me cry more than the movie did! Sheeeeesh. Thus the pause partway through to watch Runway. Nothing better make me cry today, dammit. 4. I had some more stuff to say about that movie, AND about DVDs in general, AND about books but if I say it all then this entry will pretty much turn into a book, so never mind. Maybe I'll talk about what's on my mind another day. Or maybe not. Heh. 5. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is paranoid about how weird this winter has been! Kathy, I'm not sure how you settled on March 4 (care to share your thoughts?) as The Day, but that would work out just fine for me as a "get it out of its system" snowstorm date. My "Wicked" ticket is for March 16. 6. I ran a bunch of errands yesterday and got no studio time at all. I didn't sew. I didn't draw. So today's Daily Art Thang is a photo I took a couple of months ago. It is yet another installment in Deb's Fascination with Rusty Things: "Rusty Prongs"