Thursday, February 16, 2006

Call for Entries

"Wish You Were Here: Fiber Art Postcards" I got this note the other day from Peggy Hazard who is curating the above-named exhibit. Here's what she had to say:
I thought your readers might like to know about an opportunity to make and mail a postcard quilt for an exhibit in Arizona that I am organizing. You may share this with anyone who might be interested. CALL FOR ENTRIES: Tohono Chul Park seeks submissions for Wish You Were Here: Fiber Art Postcards, a non-juried exhibit open to artists working with fiber-based media living anywhere. In a similar manner as a real postcard, fiber art postcards should document a real or imagined place, trip or event in the state of Arizona. Participant may submit one postcard mailed without an envelope. No entry fee. Postcard submissions should be postmarked between March 1, 2006 and April 1, 2006. Exhibit Dates: May 4-June 13, 2006 Entry form in pdf format available on website: Tohono Chul Park
If anyone has any trouble downloading the entry form, let me know and I can give you some further contact information for Ms. Hazard. It sounds like it could be a good exhibit. Wish I could see it! Speaking of Shows This has nothing whatsoever to do with quilt exhibits, but did y'all watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show earlier this week? I love to watch that competition! When it came down to the final seven, I was rooting for Andy, the Golden Retriever, just because I have a soft spot for Goldens. But I really kind of thought the Dalmatian would get it. He looked great! I was a little surprised when Rufus won, but not terribly disappointed. They all looked like winners to me! Gratuitous cute dog shot of my fat, aging, totally loveable Golden-mix, Tansy, practicing her camouflage techniques