Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday: All of Me, Week 2

It's that time again. Time to revisit February's horrid SPT theme of "love the ugly bits". Bleah. I'm still all about Denial, y'all. In my opinion, Denial is severely underrated as a coping tool. But since I said I'd do this, here goes another one. Loving My Not-So-Inner Slob Point A - I hate housework. I love the look of a clean house, but hate what it takes to get it that way. It always feels like a big fat waste of time to me because it won't Stay DONE, dammit! And God forbid I should ever waste time. [SNORT!] If I suddenly had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd hire a housekeeper in a heartbeat. Point B - I tend to be a packrat. I admire those who can pare the Stuff in their lives down to the bare essentials. I do. I think that's probably very healthy. But I LIKE my Stuff. I like my books. I like my movies. I like my fabric and thread and beads. I like my shoes. I like my colored glass and the artwork on the walls. I know none of that stuff is all that important in the grand scheme of things. If I lost it all tomorrow, I'd get over it eventually. But I'd miss it. (Especially the books. Oh my. The BOOKS.) If you combine Point A with Point B, what do you get? Well, let's take a look, shall we: Point A + Point B = C(rappy looking house) That photo was taken in the sewing room/computer room/library, with no clean-up of either the room or me. The Piles O' Stuff everywhere are because the Stuff in that room (the place where I spend more time than any other place in the house) has totally outgrown the ability of the room to hold it. But does that stop me from bringing more Stuff in there? Please. Get real. Note the dog beside me. That's Tansy. She looks bored with this topic. Smart dog.