Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday: All of Me, Week 1

You may remember that I'm a wee bit freaked out about this month's SPT theme of "loving the ugly bits", so we're going to ease into this slowly with a bit of humor. 'k? 'k! Loving my Ugly Morning Self Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person? Ok, well, just in case I haven't, let me be clear. I am NOT a morning person. Left totally to my own devices, without any appointments to consider, or any need to adjust my schedule to someone else's, "normal" for me would mean going to bed sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 AM, falling to sleep between 1:30 and 3:00 AM (I have some insomnia issues) and then slowly, Sloooooowly waking up sometime between 8:00 and 9:00 AM and blearily making my way to the kitchen to pour a cup of plain black coffee. Plain. Black. The sweet flavored stuff is for later in the day when I'm awake and cheerful. First thing though? Please. At that point it's all about getting the maximum amount of caffeine into my system in the minimum amount of time. If I had a plague of money I'd be hiring an assistant whose job would include administering a daily morning caffeine IV to me before I even open my eyes. I have no sense of humor before I've had that first shot of caffeine, and very little tolerance. I am bleary. I am grumpy. I am slow-witted. I think biting the head off anyone who is loud or chirpy or excessively cheery seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. After a very little time has passed and the caffeine has kicked in, I become ME again and I no longer know that woman I just described....until the next morning, that is, when she makes another brief-but-frightening appearance. Beware of HER: "Pre-coffee Deb" (can't you almost smell the morning breath?) PS...I put this together days ago and now find it particularly apt, considering the comments I got on this post about how I don't smile often enough in my self-portraits. At least I don't usually look this grumpy either!! [grin]