Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm Baaa-aaack!

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all the comments on the stuff I posted from Bev's house. I had a great time (more on that later!) but it was nice to come home again and get to sleep in my own bed. On my to-do list for this weekend:
  • Reply to some comments and emails
  • Get some photos from Girly Time cropped to a reasonable size and uploaded so I can share them with you
  • Tell you some of the highlights of said Girly Time (Bev and Nan said they like it when I blog about them. Well, actually Nancy said that and Bev didn't protest, so we'll go with that.)
Of course there are other things on the list too, but those are incredibly dull things like catching up on laundry and organizing tax records, so I won't bore you with those. Meanwhile, as you wait in breathless anticipation for me to get my To-Do list Ta-Done, I'll leave you with this silly-but-fun thing I found on DebL's blog. If you go here and type in the date of your 18th birthday, it tells you what the #1 song was on the pop charts that day and that's said to be your life's theme song. I have absolutely no idea who the great cosmic "They" might be who came up with that one, but what the heck. I'll play along. That means my life's theme song is "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen. All righty then. My life's theme song has a catchy beat, and is fun to dance to, but the lyrics are bizarre and illogical. Hhhhmmm. Suddenly some things about my life begin to make a strange sort of sense. Finally, here's an Art du jour photo for you. Bev has a piece of art glass in a case in her living room and nearby is a potted live tree. At some point during the past few days I noticed that a single leaf from the tree had yellowed and fallen onto the top of the case and I thought the visual intersection of the yellow leaf crossing the yellow glass accent line against all that watery blue was very cool. Take a look: "Sunlight and Water" Back soon with stories and photos to share, I promise!