Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fluffer-Nutter

It's Sunday and I'm feeling kind of slow and out of sorts this morning, so y'all are mostly getting a fluff post, but before we open the jar of MentalMarshmallowCreme, I wanted to say thank you for the ideas left in the comments yesterday. As much as I'm fascinated by how rusty objects appear in photos, I've never been too interested in the whole idea of rust dyeing and making quilty pieces from the resultant fabric. But geeze, y'all are so enthusiastic about the whole idea that you're making me wonder if I'm missing something. Anyone want to steer me to a website with directions? (Clear, simple directions, preferably heavily illustrated!) If so, then I'll consider the idea. I wouldn't even have to sneak out in dead of night, Liz. Those pipes are some abandoned something-or-other that lurk behind our barn and that we've never bothered to haul away because a) it isn't in our way so why pay to haul it to the dump (Johnny) and b) it isn't in our way and it's kind of interesting-looking (me). Are we a pair of lazy packrats or what? (Don't answer that.) On to the Fluff Time for a quiz because a) it's been at least a week and b) I liked the results of this one.
You Are a Dreaming Soul
Your vivid emotions and imagination take you away from this world, so much so that you tend to live in your head most of the time. You have great dreams and ambitions that could be the envy of all... But for you, following through with your dreams is a bit difficult. You are charming, endearing, and people tend to love you. Forgiving and tolerant, you see the world through rose colored glasses. Underneath it all, you have a ton of passion that you hide from others. Always hopeful, you tend to expect positive outcomes in your life. Souls you are most compatible with: Newborn Soul, Prophet Soul, and Traveler Soul
Arty Thang of the Day Another photo, but tomorrow you get a drawing. It's finished, I just want to post it tomorrow instead of today because a) I can be perverse that way and b) there is no "b". I'm just going with a theme here. 'k? 'k! "Dreaming Water"