Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ring-a-ling!

I just got home from a one-day temp assignment and logged onto ye olde 'puter to discover that my Blogging 4 Books entry is a finalist this month! Yay!! If you want to read the other finalists, you can find the list on Joshilyn's blog. Thank you, Kira, for liking my entry! I also found, in the comments for yesterday's Self-Portrait Tuesday post, that both Sonji and Jen want to get a closer look at the ring I was wearing that day. I must confess, I had to pull up the photos and see which one it was. I tend to coordinate my right-hand ring with whatever I'm wearing that day. Have I ever mentioned that in addition to being a Shoe Ho, I'm also a Jewelry Ho? Um, yeah. Well, some jewelry anyway. I rarely wear necklaces, bracelets, or pins. Not never, mind you, but rarely. But I have a serious jones for rings and earrings. So here, just for Jen and Sonji is a larger-than-life-size shot of the ring in question, an amethyst set in yellow gold: Photographing jewelry is HARD, y'all! I lost count of how many tries it took before I got a photo where you could actually see any detail! Jen wanted a story and I have ideas floating around my head about ancient Egyptians and mummy's curses, given the markings on the band, but I think I'm too tired to form them into coherent sentences right now, so I'll just tell the boring truth. I saw it. I liked it. I bought it. Yep, that's it. It wasn't even a gift for a special occasion or anything. I just really loved it, and decided that like the commercial used to say, "I'm worth it". Needless to say (so why am I saying it?? Hhhmmm...) that little purchase was in the days before our current Austerity Plan. But I got a good deal on it. Really! ;-)