Saturday, October 08, 2005

Signs of Autumn in Kentucky

1. I drank coffee in the afternoon yesterday, not just in the morning. 2. We had chili and corn bread for supper and it was yummy. 3. We barely had time for a walk between dinner and dark and the time hasn't even changed yet! Going to have to switch back to walking earlier in the day. 4. Johnny gave the fireplace a good cleaning-out yesterday afternoon and checked the chimney, then last night we had our first fire of the season. It was lovely. 5. I aired out the flannel sheets, thinking I'll start using them very, very soon. 6. I ignored my dazzling array of flip-flops in favor of tennies and socks and started thinking fond thoughts about my beloved, ancient, oh-so-scruffy, favorite-ever, red suede boots. These are the boots featured in the top center panel of my red shoe self-portrait. I can see myself wearing them again soon. Speaking of shoes, I submitted an essay to the Manolo's contest yesterday. I can't share it with you yet because one of the rules is that it has to be unposted and unpublished, but after the contest is over, I'll share. I was pleased with it - more so than my Blogging 4 Books entry, actually! I know the competition is tough in the B4B contest this month because I've read the other entries submitted so far. And I get the impression that the competition in the Manolo's contest will be even stiffer yet. So wish me luck, ok? I have a feeling I'll need it!