Thursday, March 24, 2005

The "I Get Tired of Thinking of Post Titles" Update

Up to a grand total of five blocks done so far. Yeah, baby! I did a little better today at quieting my "but I want to see how it looks when it's finished" voice (which is very whiny and annoying, BTW), and trying to enjoy the process more. I usually am a little more of an "enjoy the process" sort of person than this, but for some reason this one is hitting my impatience button, even though I like how it's turning out. I have no idea why it's affecting me that way, but there you have it. Anyway, here is a picture of the progress as of late Thursday evening. Bright Suns Again The block in the upper left will probably end up elsewhere in the quilt. The center spirally part is too matchy-matchy with the block below it right now for my taste. I like the effect of the two lower blocks better, where the spiral area creates a kind of positive-negative switcharoo. Since I'm cutting all this stuff free-hand, I didn't plan either effect. They just happened. I figure when I get lots of blocks done, I can play with arranging them to come up with the patterns and effects I like best. That part is usually fun. :-)