Wednesday, March 16, 2005

What To Do, What To Do?

I'm between quilt projects at the moment. So I'm trying to decide what to do next. Or rather I'm typing a blog entry about what to do next because it's easier and more fun to waste time on the 'puter than it is to actually WORK on something. So. I could baste and quilt some tops I already have done. That would be smart because I'd get some things finished. But it sounds boring. I could drag out the box of old quilt tops and loose quilt blocks (almost typed quilt blogs!) I got from Grandpa Keeton last summer and try to do something with them besides push the box aside to clean around it. (Hey! I do SO clean now and then!) That sounds kind of boring too, but I keep swearing to J I'll do something with that stuff one of these days. Or I could start something entirely new. That sounds the most interesting, but unfortunately I have NO ideas burning a hole in my brain at the moment. Why is it that I always either have more ideas than I know what to do with or no ideas at all? And why is it that when I have NO ideas, the ideas I had that seemed so appealing when I was busy no longer seem worthwhile? Why? WHY?? If I want to continue to enter shows, I must start work on SOMETHING soon. I'm running out of stuff to enter! Speaking of entering shows, the jurors at the American Quilter's Society, which I would normally link to in this paragraph, but now I WON'T, because I don't like them today, rejected my quilt, "Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese" for this year's show. The lovely judges at PIQF thought it was prize-worthy (see the pretty blue ribbon beside it?) and the AQS jurors don't even think it's worth SHOWING? Pppfffttt. Ah well, that's the excitement of entering juried shows, I suppose. You just never know what those wacky jurors will do next! Maybe the next batch will have better taste. ;-)