Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Another Progress Report

I sewed today. I swear I did. But this thing is going MUCH slower than I anticipated. For some reason I thought the fact that these blocks are very free-hand---no pattern except in my head---would make them flow from my brain to my hands to fabric reality more quickly and easily. Um...no. SLOW progress. So I'm attempting to make the mental adjustment to the idea that this is going to take longer than to finish than I originally planned. I like what I've got so far. This afternoon I finished the background for 2 more large blocks and one more small one. Tomorrow I plan to work on the spiral-sun piecing and applique for those same blocks. I'll get there eventually. I keep telling myself the thing about the journey being as important as the destination. My Self is looking sneeringly skeptical about that so far, but I'll keep working on it.