Wednesday, July 05, 2006

P is for...

Time for another WordPlay Personal Dictionary Entry! If you want to know more about how and why I started doing this series of posts, read my "A is for..." entry. If you want to see a list of more people doing the same thing, check out Laume's WordPlay site. Now here we go... P is for... Peace - What I wish people all over the world could achieve. (Does that make me sound like a beauty pageant contestant??) Pisces - My sun sign. Peaches, Plums, Pineapple, Pomegranates, Peanut butter, Popcorn, Pizza, Pasta, Pie - P-foods I like. Periwinkle - A color I love. Passport - I always have a current one because you never know when you might get a chance to fly around the world at the last minute! Puppies - I LOVE puppies. You know that reaction so many women have to babies (human babies, that is) where they see a cute little new one and they suddenly really WANT one, even if they know they shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have that reaction to babies. No matter how cute and sweet they are, I'm perfectly happy to hold and admire and cuddle and then hand them back to their parents and walk away. But puppies! Puppies evoke exactly that reaction in me. I see one and I think I want one, even if logically I know I don't really want one. Besides, Petting puppies (or other animals, for that matter) is supposed to be good for your heart rate and blood pressure. So, see, puppies are Good For You! Ahem. Purple Martins - One of my favorite birds. I love to watch them fly. Peonies, Pansies - P-flowers I like. Puns - I adore puns, due in large part to the corrupting influence of my father. (Hi, Dad!) Puzzles - I love these too. Crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, logic puzzles, soduko...you name it, I want to solve it. Paper dolls - I always loved paper dolls as a child and I'm still weirdly fascinated with them. I wouldn't quite say I collect them, but I'll admit to having a few sets around here, including some I created when I was younger. Drawing paper dolls and creating vast complex wardrobes for them used to be one of my hobbies. Pepper (Sgt. Pepper; aka: Pepperoni) - One of our former dogs. He was a sweetie! (One of the photos in the collage below is Pepper with my Pop.) Photography - One of my favorite hobbies. Parenthesis - A puncuation mark I love (and over-use!). I looooves me some parenthetical asides! Play - (verb) Something we should all do every day; (noun) Something I like to watch. Party - I'm not a fan of big parties, but I love small-ish ones where I know most of the people and can spend some time with everyone. Piano - the one musical instrument I briefly studied, although I was never dedicated enough to get good at it. Perhaps, Pppfffttt, Pretty (or Purty), Pissy, 'Puter, Putter - P-words I say a lot. Pleasure, Philosophical, Petard - P-words I like, although I always have trouble remembering what "petard" actually means and when I look it up it's never what I thought it was. But I still like the way it sounds. "P is for..." (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)