Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions: Chosen by Computer! Yeah, Baby!

I must admit, I'm not normally one to make New Year's Resolutions. I actually do have one of sorts this year, but more on that tomorrow. In the meantime, somewhere I ran across yet another silly computer quiz, this one supposed to tell you what your New Year's Resolutions should be. You know I can't resist a quiz, so off I went to try it. Here's my answer:
Your New Year's Resolutions
1) Get a pet chihuahua 2) Eat more nuts 3) Travel to China 4) Study forensics 5) Get in shape with capoeira
I've just got to say, I find this a leeeetle eerie. I know the answers are supposed to be silly, BUT... 1. I really want a lapdog. I can't believe I'm saying that. When it comes to dogs, I've always been a Big Dog person, but I've fallen hard for my Dad's stepdog, Teddy, who is a Pomeranian/Chihuahua cross and I find myself wanting a Teddy II. So far I'm resisting, but hhhmmm... 2. I should eat more nuts! I'm not much of a nut person (Hey! No smartass comments from the back row!) but they're a good snack if you don't go overboard on them. They'd be a heck of a lot better for me than the sweets I'm so addicted to. 3. Ok! I'd love to see China. Now if the quiz maker-upper would just spring for a ticket! 4. Cue Twilight Zone music: If I was 18 again, and knew what I know now, I would seriously look into the field of forensic artistry - someone who takes bones and uses a combination of scientific measurements and intuitive artistry to try to recreate what a person looked like in order to help put an identity to anonymous victims. I think that sounds fascinating. Not something I want to do enough to go back to school at this point, but it's very definitely one of my Roads Not Taken. 5. Never heard of it! So I looked it up. Sounds like it would be great if I was remotely athletic, which I'm SO not. I wonder if it counts if I watch someone else do it? [grin]