Tuesday, December 05, 2006

SPC: Red, Week 1 - From Glam to Real Life

The December theme for the Self-Portrait Challenge is RED! Considering the name of my blog, I bet it won't come as a great shock to anyone to hear that I really like this theme. This is one of those months when my problem won't be coming up with ideas. The problem will be narrowing down those ideas to just one per week! I really liked last month's Glam theme too, although I chose to go for a more Hollywood version than a rock-n-roll version. Ironically the Glam theme inspired me to go out and buy my first-ever tube of red lipstick. I've owned almost-red before...a sort of reddish-brown called "Cocoa", and an almost burgundy-ish shade called "Raisin", but never red until now. I'm still not sure I'm comfortable with it, but it's kind of cool knowing it's in my make-up bag if I want to use it, which is what I did for this first photo: "Red Lips" But that photo doesn't feel very much like ME. That photo is still just me playing dress-up for the camera, just like I did all last month, and that's fun but not something I want to do all the time. So my real self-portrait for this week, the one that shows a much more typical view of my love for the color red is this one: "Red Shoes for Real Life" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)