Friday, September 22, 2006

Stuff you never knew you wanted to know

I first saw this meme on Jen's blog and then shortly afterward, Julie sent it to me. So here's a bunch of possibly interesting (but probably NOT!) stuff you never knew you wanted to know about me. I enjoy answering these things and I enjoy reading others' answers, so if you want to play along, tell me so in comments and you can consider yourself officially tagged. If you don't want to play along, well...ok, FINE. I don't mind being sad. SniffSniff. (Bonus points if you know where the quote "I don't mind being sad" comes from!) 1. FIRST NAME? Deborah 2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was named after a character in "The Silver Chalice" by Thomas Costain. 3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? The last time I got a little weepy was when I read Tammy's SPC entry for this week. The last time I flat-out cried? I honestly don't remember. I don't do that very often, which is good because crying gives me a horrible headache and generally pisses me off. 4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, not at all. It's ugly and nearly illegible. 5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I'm not much of a lunchmeat fan, but if I had to choose a favorite - either ham or hard salami. It's a toss-up. 6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would like me, but I'm not sure Myself and I would be close friends simply because I am not very good at ALL at initiating contact. I seldom make phone calls because I always feel like I'm bothering people when I do. I'm so far out in the boonies that it rarely occurs to me to invite anyone over because I assume they won't want to slog all the way out here. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and talking to them, but as a rule most of my friends are MUCH better about contacting me than I am about contacting them. They pretty much have to be. So Myself and I would probably both be wondering why the other one never called or visited until we eventually drifted apart. (Damn, that sucks of me. I need to work on this issue!!) 7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Nope, I was never any good at all about keeping up with a paper journal, which is why it amazes me that I like to blog. 8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes 9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Maybe. Depends on the circumstances. 10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Smart Start Healthy Heart cereal (or Heart Healthy...I always forget which). I like to top it with either fresh or dried fruit. 11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. 12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically? Not particularly. Emotionally? Reasonably so. 13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Pecan Praline (or is it Praline Pecan? I can never remember that either!) 14. SHOE SIZE? 8 or 8.5, depending on the shoes 15. FAVORITE COLOR? Red. No, orange. No, blue. Or maybe green. Or, no, um,what was the question? 16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? A lack of focus 17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom 18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Well, to answer on their blogs, sure, that'd be great! 19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue (dark wash) jeans and Granny Smith Apple-Green nubuck clogs 20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A bowl of cereal (see #10!) 21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the computer, rain on the roof. 22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Red! 23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Vanilla, cinnamon, lilacs, freshly-cut grass, the air after a rain, basil, baking bread, my husband's hair right after a shower 24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Johnny, when he called from town yesterday to ask if I wanted him to bring home lunch. 25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? Their smile. 26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, both of them, very much! I've actually met Julie in person once (and would love to again!) and hope to meet Jen someday. 27. FAVORITE DRINK? Margarita, rocks, extra salt; or ice water with a slice of lemon or lime 28. FAVORITE SPORT? Competitive book or shoe shopping. Heh. 29. EYE COLOR? Blue 30. HAT SIZE? Hats have sizes? 31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Used to, for more than 20 years, but reluctantly gave them up and switched to full-time glasses use earlier this year when I decided contacts just weren't working well for me anymore. I still miss them. 32. FAVORITE FOOD? Seafood! No, pasta. Or maybe cookies! Or oooooh, a big bowl of fresh berries. Wait a minute, I've lost track of the question again. 33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy endings. Real Life is scary enough. I don't need it in my movies. 34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Granny Smith Apple-Green ribbed Henley 35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, although I don't care much for either. I'm a Spring-and-Fall kinda woman. 36. HUGS OR KISSES? Damn, that's a hard one! I'd hate to have to choose only one forever, but if I HAD to, I guess I'd take hugs. 37. FAVORITE DESSERT? I don't have a single favorite. It depends on my mood. I like most desserts, unfortunately for my waistline! 38. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I'm currently re-reading an old Barbara Michaels book (a ghost story) called "The Crying Child." 39. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Some boring photo of raindrops or water spots or something and the word "Allsop" 40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Survivor: Cook Islands, Grey's Anatomy, ER 41. FAVORITE SOUNDS? moving water of any kind - the ocean, a stream moving over rocks, waterfalls, fountains; laughter (KIND laughter, not the cruel mocking sort); the wind blowing through leaves 42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Stones 43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii 44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Remembering utterly useless trivia while managing to forget lots of useful and relevant information. 45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Cincinnati, Ohio 46. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I already told you that. Pay attention! Sheesh! 47. NEWEST THING YOU'VE TRIED? I'm drawing a complete and total blank here! Guess I need to try something new soon so I have a better answer to this question than "uuuhhhh...." 48. ONE THING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF: I'd manage my time better 49. WHO DID YOU LAST SEND A LETTER OR CARD TO? Morven 50. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT IN THE WORLD IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT? New Zealand or almost anyplace in Europe DAT: "Goldenrod" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)