Thursday, September 21, 2006

Poetry Thursday: a Letter

This is yet another week where I'm ignoring the prompt for Poetry Thursday and just posting a poem that spoke to me instead. When I ran across the poem I'm sharing today, it reminded me just a little of one of the first things I ever posted for PT, an odd little poem called "Eve and Medusa." This is another odd little poem about characters from history or myth (depending on what version of history you believe), told from an unusual point of view. Somehow it feels very timely to me, a sort of social or political commentary in the form of a simple letter. Love Letter Dear Samson, I put your hair in a jar by the pear tree near the well. I been thinkin' over what I done and I still don't think God gave you all that strength for you to kill my people. Love - Delilah ~~~Carole E. Gregory "Shades of Gray" (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) You can find links to more poetry by clicking on the link in the first paragraph.