Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hanging out in Trees

Sorry to be very US-centric for a moment here and talk about something that probably isn't airing in other countries, but how many of you have been watching "Men in Trees" on TV this week? Somehow this one slipped right past my radar when I was hearing talk of new shows for the fall season and the pilot episode was over before I heard about it. Luckily, they re-aired the pilot last night, as well as the next episode in the series, and I've just got to say so far I'm lovin' it! It's about a writer of relationship advice books who discovers, while on her way to Elmo, Alaska, for a speaking gig, that her fiance is cheating on her. She calls the wedding off and decides that, despite her successful books, she really doesn't understand men at all. So she decides to stay in Elmo for a while, where the ratio of men to women is 10 to 1, to see if she can figure out this strange species called "men" (and of course write a book about it). There are inevitably going to be comparisons to "Northern Exposure" (a show I loved), but so far I think MiT is holding it's own. I may be judging too quickly with having only seen two episodes, but so far for me the quirk factor is just exactly right. So if you like quirk and you haven't checked this one out, I recommend it. In my area, it's on Friday at 9 PM. And just because it's the weekend and I'm a QuizSlut, here's one to help you figure out the strange species called "Deb."
Your Personality Cluster is Introverted Feeling
You are: Tolerant, flexible, and open to new ideas. A stickler for integrity and authenticity. Passionate about causes, beliefs, or politics. Likely to have many "best friends" from many walks of life.
DAT: "Stacks"