Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Self-Portrait Challenge: Pop Art, Week 3

Time for the third installment of June's Self-Portrait Challenge: Pop Art. I'm not quite sure where I was going with this one except that it reminded me of both newsprint and graffiti and I liked it. Good enough. (clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window) Warning: Abrupt Change of Subject (I'm too lazy to bother making it into a separate post!) Progress Report on the Great Redecorating Project of '06 - I found curtains and they are pressed and hung. All the books that are coming back into the room are back and shelved. (And man, was THAT ever a job!) I managed to cull out a few more, although not quite as many as I first thought I might, since it hasn't been all that long since I did my big book purge. The plan for today: Start sorting fabric into keep/lose piles and bring the keepers back in here to be shelved. Start putting some artwork back on the walls. As much as I like the new wall colors, all this wall nakedness is getting on my nerves. I swear I'll have After photos by no later than the weekend, but I don't want to post any until the I have everything back in here. Then I'll post not only pics of the re-do, but a link to some photos I took in here a year or so ago so that you can truly see the Before and After. Oh yeah, and I saw a rainbow yesterday! I took pics. For a little while there was part of a second one, but it was so faint I'm not sure it'll show up in any of the photos. I'll post one or more of those photos soon too.