Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Borders of Heck are in Sight!

Progress Report: I feel like I'm seeing the borders of Heck on the horizon, y'all! The walls are painted. (Love 'em!) The new floor is down. (Love it LOTS!) All the major heavy-ass pieces of furniture are back in place. (Yay!) What is left to do: Retrieve all the books, papers, tools, gadgets, fabric, notions, art supplies, et-frickin'-cetera from all over the rest of the house and find places for them all in here. Well, for some of them anyway. I decided I'm going to take this opportunity to continue the household purge theme and be a bit selective about what comes back in here. Even though I got rid of bunches of books a few months ago, I'm sure there are more that can go. Ditto for fabric and lots and lots of other stuff. I don't know yet what I'll do with the extras - sell them, give them away, whatever! - but I'll figure it out. I also need to buy new curtains. You'd have thought I'd have realized that when I started planning all this, but nooooooo. I only realized yesterday that the curtains I had in here before would look ghastly with the new wall colors. So now I have one bare window on the north side and the window on the west has some white foam stuff (underlay material for the floor!) temporarily taped over it to filter the harsh western afternoon sun until I can find something. It looks so glam! HA! I think I'll head to town later this morning and see if they have anything, but it may take a trip to Lexington or Cincinnati. Once the STUFF and the curtains are in place, photos will follow, pinkie swear. Before I go, I want to say Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, but especially (of course!) to my own. I love you, Dad! "Happy Father's Day"