Thursday, March 09, 2006

Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #8

1. Only one more week until I go see "Wicked" on stage! YAY!! I'm so excited, and I'm feeling so thrilled and lucky that we got the seats we did. I read in this past Sunday's paper that every seat for every performance was sold out within 8 hours of the tickets going on sale to the general public. Yowza! 2. I'm still thinking now and then about the Oscars and what won, what didn't. Those of you who have seen "Crash", what did you think of it? And what did you think of having it win for Best Picture? "Crash is one I haven't seen yet, but plan to at some point, and I'm intrigued by the extremely disparate reviews I've seen about it online, with some people raving about it being original and insightful, and others ranting about it being confusing or contrived. Opinions anyone? 3. Last night, while waiting for the Project Runway finale show, I watched "Bride & Prejudice", a Bollywood musical based on "Pride and Prejudice" but based in modern-day India. I liked it. I can't say I loved it, but it was entertaining and the bones of the story were faithful to the original, while a lot of the details were (obviously!) changed. "Mr. Bingley" (not his name in this, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try to remember all the changed names of the characters after seeing it just one time) was played by the yummy Naveen Andrews, (Sayid on "Lost") who gets my vote for One of the Few Men on the Planet Hot Enough to Still Look Good with Such SkeezyGreazy-Looking Hair. And the character of "Mr. Collins" is comic relief in this version and the man who played the part did a great job. He's hilarious! 4. Today is my li'l brother's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mark!! I hope you have a wonderful day. 5. Daily Art Effort: "Looking Through"