Sunday, December 18, 2005

In Search Of Lucky Number 33,333

I've seen other people do it - offer prizes for being the 10,00th or 20,000th or whatever number visitor to their blog. I thought it sounded like a fun idea. But I could never seem to catch the right number on my stats. I figured, oh well, it wouldn't be like me to choose a "normal" number anyway and one of these days the right number would come up. Well, ladies and gentlemen, that day has arrived. Yay! Sometime in the wee hours of the morning (my time) Red Shoe Ramblings hosted its 33,333rd visitor. Well, 33,333rd since I started keeping track of stats anyway, which will just have to be close enough. Soooooo....if I can figure out who this person is, and if said person is willing to email me with their snail mail addy, I will award them a prize for being Lucky Visitor #33,333! Here are your clues:
  • This person logged on from Australia
  • The visit happened about 2:30 AM my time, which - if I'm figuring this correctly!!* - would be around either 5:30 or 6:30 PM on 18 December, OzTime, depending on what time zone you're in (I can't tell which part of the country it is from my stats, just that it's Australia).
  • This person is a RSR regular, not a first-timer. Stats show multiple return visits.
  • Whoever it is logged on here via a Bloglines subscription
So if this sounds like you - an Aussie RSR "regular" who logged on late yesterday afternoon your time via a Bloglines subscription, wave your hands and jump up and down, and shout so I know who you are. I'll be gone most of today, so don't worry if I don't get back to you immediately. *When I checked my stats this morning it was just after 9 AM my time. I then checked the World Clock page (which I should turn into a link but I'm not gonna 'cuz I need to get out of here and am running tight on my time!) and at that point is was just after midnight on the 19th in Brisbane and just after 1 AM in Sydney. So I think that means that 2:30 AM my time would be 5:30 or 6:30 PM OzTime, but someone please tell me if I'm wrong because my math skills suck rocks! And if there's more than two time zones in Australia, someone tell me that too, because my geography skills are nearly as bad as my math skills. If I've left out one or more time zones, the winner is entitled to one free crack about arrogant, ignorant Americans. Ahem.