Friday, September 16, 2005

Quilt News, B4B Results, and a Return to FotoFriday

Good news - I got the envelope yesterday telling me that "Eyes of the Sun" has been accepted for exhibit in the Pacific International Quilt Festival in California next month. Yay! Not-quite-so-good-news - I didn't win the Blogging For Books contest. I'm competitive enough to be disappointed that my entry didn't win, but happy for those who did win. Yay for Vicki, Amy, and Holley! Congrats to you all. I see that at least one person-who-is-not-a-personal-friend-or-family-member commented that they liked my entry best, so that's really nice! :::Beam::: I just realized a day or two ago, that I haven't done a FotoFriday in a long time, so today we see the return of the FotoFridayFeature. The theme of today's photographs is Pretty Poison. Poke Plant - You can eat the young leaves and stalks (before they turn that fabulous magenta color), although I wouldn't recommend doing it too often. But you don't want to eat the berries or the mature stalks! Poison Ivy - Wish this was useful somehow so it could be a cash crop. I'd be a millionaire. So far, I've never had a poison ivy rash, but I know that's no guarantee that I won't have a reaction in the future, so I treat it with respect and try to stay away from it. Jimson Weed - Isn't it pretty and innocent looking? When it's open, the flower resembles a morning glory. If you eat any of the plant, you will, if you're very lucky, have hallucinations like a freaky acid trip. If you're not-so-lucky, you can end up having a psychotic break with reality, or end up comatose or dead. Yikes. And finally, after seeing QuizQueen Gabrielle's results, I had to take this quiz too:

You Belong in London

A little old fashioned, and a little modern. A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock. A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything. No wonder you and London will get along so well. What City Do You Belong in?
Hhhmmmm....I've never been to London, but I've heard good things about it. Perhaps I should check it out!