Friday, May 06, 2005

On Friday

On The Menu... ...Strawberry Daiquiri Shortcake. I sliced the berries and sprinkled on just enough sugar to draw out the juice (I don't like them too sweet), then added a squeeze of lime juice and a splash of dark Bacardi Rum. After they sit a while and the flavors blend, I'll serve them over slices of angel food cake. Yum! On My Inspiration Board... ...a lovely, texture-y, handmade postcard from Debra. The quote on it says "Humor is a reminder that no matter how high the throne one sits on, one sits on one's bottom." (Taki) Words to live by! Thanks, Debra!! The extremely cool fabric goddess pin below the postcard was made by Rachel Kitterman. On My Feet... White slides from Zappos, a blue-bead-embellished toe ring from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and Revlon Blaze red toenail polish. I love the looks of these shoes, but they aren't very comfy. These aren't going to last long in my collection unless the leather softens up quickly.